We urge you to be very careful when burning our candles (and any candle!), and recommend the following guidelines below for burning candles safely. If you forget, we’ve included burning and care instructions on the bottom label of each candle!
- Trim candlewicks to 1/8 inch each time before burning. You can snap the wick with your fingers, but we’ve found that using a nail clipper works well for this too! This is essential for a safe burn and long burn.
- For the initial candle lighting it is recommended to keep the candle lit for 2 hours to allow the candle to create a full and even burn pool across the entire candle.
- Burning our candles for a minimum of 1-2 hours at a time will ensure that the melted wax pool has reached the sides of the tin or jar which optimizes your overall burn time –NEVER leave your candle unattended. With wood wicks, the flame will grow over time.
- As your candle burns down the tin, please ENSURE you are ALWAYS aware of flame and wax level. DO NOT BURN A CANDLE WITH LESS THAN 1/2″ wax in the container.
- Always burn candles on a HEAT-PROOF surface, and NEVER NEAR ANYTHING THAT COULD CATCH FIRE.
- Keep candles out of the reach of small children and pets. No singed tails please!
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and ceiling fans to minimize smoking or a wick blowing out causing the candle to burn unevenly.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- We can’t say it enough, so here it is again! Please, NEVER EVER leave a burning candle unattended!